Food Safety Training Courses & Consultation
Food Safety Level 1
Level 1. Food Safety Induction (3hours)
This is a basic Food Safety course that must be completed every 2 years. It is aimed at junior and
front of house staff.
Class size : Minimum 8. Maximum 14.
- Food Safety Awareness
- Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross Contamination
Food Safety Level 2
Level 2 Food Safety (8 hours)
Environmental health Officers Association (EHOA)
The aim of this one day course is to provide adequate training in basic food safety. It also
introduces the learner to HACCP and its essential principles. It is a legal requirement that
chefs and kitchen staff have this training. The EHOA certification is for 5 years.
Class size: Minimum 8. Maximum14.
- Microbiological Hazards
- Food Poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- HACCP from purchase to service
- Spoilage and preservation
- Personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Food pests and control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food safety law and enforcement
Food Safety Level 3
Level 3. The Management of Food Safety. ( 3.5 days)
The Essential Guide to HACCP Compliance.
The National Hygiene Partnership
Class size: Minimum 6. Maximum 12.
This course is suitable for Managers/Supervisors and Head chefs. It is a requirement that at
least one person in each Food Business has a Level 3 qualification. The National Hygiene Partnership
however recommend that at least two Managers or Chefs in each Food Business should have this
qualification. This qualification is also the first step in becoming a Food Safety Trainer.
- Microbiology, Food Poisoning and Food-borne Disease
- Personal Hygiene
- Purchasing, Delivery and Storage
- Food Preparation, Cooking and Reheating
- Holding, Display, Service and Presentation
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Food Safety legislation
- Pest Control
- Design Construction of Food Premises and Equipment
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Training, Documentation and Records
Food Safety Audit
Wexford Food Safety can help your business meet the requirements
of food safety legislation. We can help you to formulate a plan to improve food safety in your
business in a practical way. Wexford Food Safety can provide experienced and qualified advice
on all matters pertaining to food safety.
These audits include the monitoring of all aspects of food safety, such as:
- HACCP Plan
- Pest Control
- Structural Layout etc
This type of advice can be of major importance when preparing for third party audits and
can also help to train staff to become internal auditors. Regular in-house audits can help staff
understand the importance of a high standard of food hygiene.
Health & Welfare Training Courses
Certified Fire Warden Training
This is a 5 hour course and it provides the learner with an understanding of fire
- Identifying work place hazards
- Fire Risk Assessments
- How to prevent fire breaking out
- Actions to take if a fire breaks out
- Understanding the role of the Fire Warden
- Correct use of Fire Extinguishers
Manual Handling Training
This is a half day course and it provides the learners with the correct manual handling techniques.
On completion of the course the participants will understand:
- The types of injury which can be received from unsafe manual handling.
- Employers and employees duties under the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Correct manual handling techniques and Manual Handling Risk Assess
We offer a standard course dealing with chemical handling however, we can customise chemical
handling training to meet the needs of any company.
The course will cover the following areas;
- Use of SDS (safety data sheets)
- Chemical storage
- Routes of entry of chemicals
- Classification of hazardous substances
- Legal Overview ( Employer & Employees duties)
Certified Health & Safety Induction
This is a half day course and it provides participants with the knowledge to identify
- Workplace Hazards, Risk Assessment, Fire Safety, Hazardous Substances and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Potential Accident Causation and Accident Reporting Procedures.